It's me, not you.

My photo
There's been buckets of ink already spilled about 1980's Stone Age cassette culture and spinner dial broadcasting to warrant a Penguin size tome, and may much more pour forth. For now, here are my digital contributions. Caveatz tho’~~~~Air check playbacks of my 18-22 year old self are characterized by a superficially outsized air personality, elitist nods to the imagined cognoscenti and strained analysis accompanied by lame one-liners. I sound like an ESPN announcer (more so on WMUA than WPRB or WMFU)~~~~But even though there’s nothing as immediate and tasteful as the meat sliced by the original Pat Benatar band, the selections were choice then and remain so now, yes?~~~ No?~~~ Love is a battlefield!~~~~~All shows at 320 kbps, chopped into proper MP3s with lovingly detailed labeling~~~~Download Qs: leftofleftofthdial@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

KIM PHUC's Copsucker - What, no download code?

KIM PHUC 
Copsucker LP 
(Iron Lung)


So, this vinyl finally arrives via the USPS and it has a poster even. Solid. Solid as a rock. Stuzzadelic and very tempting it is to me. 

But here's an open letter to KIM PHUC and their friends:  Like I need a poster. Geezers are old and in the way. We ain't got time for vinyl, sitting by the record player (sorry, turntable) while it spins in real time. We just pretend.  Yea, I ordered it, but that's just some archaic habit formed when dinosaur jr roamed the Earth. Geezers need audio accompaniment while they take the dishes out of the dishwasher, organize tax receipts and sit in traffic on the Grand Central Parkway waiting for the slaughter. Vinyl serves no purpose in these trying times. 

Where's the download code? They are de rigueur. What's your problem, KIM PHUC? I don't get this crap with Drag City. You have made me cross, Kim Phuc. See you on the 4th

 I remain bleary eyed with stained teeth.

1 comment:

  1. "Vinyl serves no purpose in these trying times"? Did I actually write that? Must've been on a bender that night.

    ReplyDelete