It's me, not you.

My photo
There's been buckets of ink already spilled about 1980's Stone Age cassette culture and spinner dial broadcasting to warrant a Penguin size tome, and may much more pour forth. For now, here are my digital contributions. Caveatz tho’~~~~Air check playbacks of my 18-22 year old self are characterized by a superficially outsized air personality, elitist nods to the imagined cognoscenti and strained analysis accompanied by lame one-liners. I sound like an ESPN announcer (more so on WMUA than WPRB or WMFU)~~~~But even though there’s nothing as immediate and tasteful as the meat sliced by the original Pat Benatar band, the selections were choice then and remain so now, yes?~~~ No?~~~ Love is a battlefield!~~~~~All shows at 320 kbps, chopped into proper MP3s with lovingly detailed labeling~~~~Download Qs: leftofleftofthdial@gmail.com

Monday, January 16, 2012

A 2012 Recap of 2010's Kings of Rock: DEFEKTORS The Bottom of The City


Wish I had more time tonight to rant about the potency of this one. 2012, you burden me with obligations <sigh>. Anyway, that which was  written in 2010 is sparse, but is thus:

"ATPJR is reminded of nothing less than the Users’ Sick of You/(I’m) In Love With Today 7” and the slightly elder division of the Raw Records stable (okay, but not the Gorillas) when listening to Defektors' bracing racket on The Bottom of the City, which makes it the 1.2.1st best present sent to mine ears in 2010. Vancouver, who knew?"

Don't let one of the laziest pieces I've ever written dissuade you, The Bottom Of The City  is 1000% fox! 




No comments:

Post a Comment