It's me, not you.

My photo
There's been buckets of ink already spilled about 1980's Stone Age cassette culture and spinner dial broadcasting to warrant a Penguin size tome, and may much more pour forth. For now, here are my digital contributions. Caveatz tho’~~~~Air check playbacks of my 18-22 year old self are characterized by a superficially outsized air personality, elitist nods to the imagined cognoscenti and strained analysis accompanied by lame one-liners. I sound like an ESPN announcer (more so on WMUA than WPRB or WMFU)~~~~But even though there’s nothing as immediate and tasteful as the meat sliced by the original Pat Benatar band, the selections were choice then and remain so now, yes?~~~ No?~~~ Love is a battlefield!~~~~~All shows at 320 kbps, chopped into proper MP3s with lovingly detailed labeling~~~~Download Qs: leftofleftofthdial@gmail.com

Thursday, January 5, 2012

2010 Revisited - Fursaxa: Mycorrhizae Realm (ATP Recordings)



Listing gradually and revisiting 2010, as it is my old friend. I wrote:  ATPJR [no relation to ATP] became curiouser and curiouser in 2010, forgot quite how to speak good English and consistently sent presents to is own ears, some of which he will recount during the last few weeks of 2010. How odd the directions will look!

I do not reach levitation easily. But at Kutsher’s on 9/4/10, the offering by Fursaxa – Tara Burke + Helena Espvall and Mary Lattimore – broke my horizon and outdistanced my door. The early afternoon gin ‘n’ tonic scored an assist, no doubt. 2010’s offering is Mycorrhizae Realm and is the 15th best present I sent to my ears during this most beguiling of years .

Fursaxa at ATP 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment