It's me, not you.

My photo
There's been buckets of ink already spilled about 1980's Stone Age cassette culture and spinner dial broadcasting to warrant a Penguin size tome, and may much more pour forth. For now, here are my digital contributions. Caveatz tho’~~~~Air check playbacks of my 18-22 year old self are characterized by a superficially outsized air personality, elitist nods to the imagined cognoscenti and strained analysis accompanied by lame one-liners. I sound like an ESPN announcer (more so on WMUA than WPRB or WMFU)~~~~But even though there’s nothing as immediate and tasteful as the meat sliced by the original Pat Benatar band, the selections were choice then and remain so now, yes?~~~ No?~~~ Love is a battlefield!~~~~~All shows at 320 kbps, chopped into proper MP3s with lovingly detailed labeling~~~~Download Qs: leftofleftofthdial@gmail.com

Sunday, December 11, 2011

2011’s Wicked Company/25th seating - HPP: 7" ep (Perennial - 2011)

HPP: 7" ep (Perennial - 2011)

Seems great post ‘core weirds burning in the weeds are in abundance these days, damn if I can keep up. Crossing my path is as random as looking up at the right time and not stepping in dog shit. HPP? Peelzer riffs, shifting gears, blood on the walls like Gobblehoof had they never started smoking pot, things sounding better slow, much slower, heavier...I find this fitting when I’m spent, jockeying for a parking spot and the car in front with Massachusetts plates is riding the brakes at every fire hydrant, mistaking it for a score. Damn, I’ve been up since 5:45, my zen is shot and now my blood is boiling! Don’t look at me like that; listening to angry music when you’re gnashing your teeth still has its place. Not that I know who’s angry and who’s not. HPP, bring me home so I can order your merch.


No comments:

Post a Comment