It's me, not you.

My photo
There's been buckets of ink already spilled about 1980's Stone Age cassette culture and spinner dial broadcasting to warrant a Penguin size tome, and may much more pour forth. For now, here are my digital contributions. Caveatz tho’~~~~Air check playbacks of my 18-22 year old self are characterized by a superficially outsized air personality, elitist nods to the imagined cognoscenti and strained analysis accompanied by lame one-liners. I sound like an ESPN announcer (more so on WMUA than WPRB or WMFU)~~~~But even though there’s nothing as immediate and tasteful as the meat sliced by the original Pat Benatar band, the selections were choice then and remain so now, yes?~~~ No?~~~ Love is a battlefield!~~~~~All shows at 320 kbps, chopped into proper MP3s with lovingly detailed labeling~~~~Download Qs: leftofleftofthdial@gmail.com

Sunday, November 14, 2010

ATPJR on WPRB 8-8-87, Tape 2, Side 1+

Part 1
Part 2
"I always hated those guys"  (Carla Bozulich following a Black Flag cover by her band Evangelista at The Stone - February 20, 2010)


Notes:
  • The Laughing Clowns track is a bit wobbly for the first ten seconds (tape degradation or crummy WPRB decks?). 
  • Believe it or not, I mistook Lemonheads as the Lazy Cowgirls upon first blindfold listen in 20 years. Some things really do change.
  • I mispronounce Ed Kuepper as Ed 'Kepper' and it sounds, well, it just sounds wrong.
  • Lee Dorsey and A History of New Orleans Rhythm & Blues: Volume 2 - 1959-1962 get an Eric Weisbard desert isle endorsement!

No comments:

Post a Comment